Sunday, May 2, 2010

I'm getting paid for this??? OK!!!

My supervisor came up to me during work last week and asked if I took any pics yet. I told him I hadn't cause I wanted to be professional about it so...I think I'm bustin out the camera this week at work! lol Life working for Twins is surreal. Following baseball while working at any other job would get you fired...not here baby! The biggest thing I've learned with the baseball business is departments like accounting, information technology, or purchasing operate the same no matter if its a game day or not. Our job is pretty consistent through-out the season while other departments are freakin out on game days. So I guess I'm a hybrid with purchasing/IT which makes me extra consistent. Last Friday I got the job to replace all the network cables in all the suites from a green color to white. Orders from the Prez cause we were not matching. So that means I got to see where all the rich people hang during games. Suits owned by companies like pepsi, general mills, US bank, target, Justin Morneau/Joe Mauer, etc. :)

Another project I did was puting little reminder cards in front of all the phones in the park where theres public access to remind them of a change in the system. That means clubhouses baby!!! So I got to see where the players/umpires/press go!!!! Got to make my official first entrance to a players view of the park through both the home and visitors dugout. Almost felt like I had a 10 million dollar contract there for a bit. You betcha I smelt the air and soaked in the moment. I tell ya...the players have it all in those clubhouses. Unlimited gatorade/candy/snacks, Jacuzzis, work-out room, batting cages, running tunnel for pinch runners, lockers that are way fancy. Justin morneau had a hockey jersey in his. There was a part of the clubhouse where the highest paying fans can look through a glass window and watch players inside. There was a sign underneath the glass for the players to see that says something like act professional because fans can see you. Hilarious. I think the funniest part to all of this was the visitors clubhouse in their vanity area. They got every single brand of shaving cream/shampoo/gel/cologne/soap you can think of lined up on the counter used because they want to please all visitors to their likings. Also I don't know if you knew this but umpires have their own mini clubhouse that is decked out like the players. Even though they earn way less money. The last place I went to was the press box. Pretty sure the press have the best indoor seats in the park. Right behind home plate with tonz of glass in front of them. Amazing. well thats a wrap up for now.

1 comment:

  1. Your road trips looked fantastic and the story about these pampered players doesn’t surprise me at all. Should be a great season.

    ReplyDelete